Thursday, April 9, 2020

DIY Centre Table - Remake

Hello Girls,

I am receiving lot of request on how I altered my furniture, So here is my post for the day!

How are you doing guys, 

I had this old furniture, it is more than 14 years old. My mother in law did not allowed me to throw this furniture, I got the opportunity to remake them and since we are on quarantine, this is the best opportunity and I grabbed them. This is what is my outcome.

Here is my first picture of before and after. 
I have given image of each steps, so please follow,

Before/After



A tour of my work





This was how my table looks.It was so dirty that I had to leave this on terrace for 1day under sun.


2nd day I turned upside down to give proper sunlight, to kill germs


Now, on 2nd day evening time, I used sandpaper and scrubbed the entire table . This has made my table smooth and even. 

***I would advise you to use putty or any white cement or filler to fill the holes, I did not do that as the shops were closed and we are on qurantine***


I have used Gesso. Any Gesso will do, Well here i used Camel Artists Gesso.


Its time to paint, Again use any paint you have. I used Chalk paint here. There main colours
Red- Rich Rouge
Yellow- Sunny Yellow
Blue - Marine Blue
Others 
Dark Secret
Stewart House Brown
Cadence Kirmizi red
Midnight Coffee



Last steps was to stencil, use any great design to make great project. I don't remember the brand, I have used this stencil quite a lot. Mine is 6x6 of size.


Here is the complete project


If you like my work, do please share.
Thankyou 

Stay at home and be safe


No comments:

Linkwithin

You Might Also Like this: