Monday, January 20, 2020

Mixed Media on Alphabet A

Hello my crafty friends,

Wish you a very Happy New Year

Hope you are doing well all these days. I was busy with exhibitions and year end event. Coming back to what i was, started this year with lot of excitement. I am going to do lot many things this year. Super Exited. My first piece of art work this year is on MDF. This alphabet A is my son's First letter in his name. So I am really pleased to share this with you.

So, do comment how you like it.

I have used lot many products in this. All the elements used in this base is basically from Itsybitsy store..

Product used

  1. MDF Base
  2. Gesso White - Camlin
  3. Texture paste -Itsybitsy
  4. Chalk paint -Lime mint - Itsybitsy
  5. Handmade Flowers - Pixie Rose -Itsybitsy
  6. 5.Wood Log -Itsybitsy
  7. Alchemy Paint - Crimson 
  8. Chippy button - From destash 
  9. Tag Sentiments -Itsybitsy
  10. Silicon Glue - Itsybitsy
  11. Water Spray 
  12. Sand Paper
  13. Paint brush
  14. Spatula


I have used MDF base of Alphabet. The surface should be finely gesso so that the spray and the colour comes up nicely. As per my experience directly spraying or stroking colour to base will absorb and will turn your project useless. When you put colour or spray keep water spray bottle and let the colour bleed. Use heat guy to dry later.

  1. Firstly whatever is your base, Gesso them. Rub with sandpaper to smooth the base
  2. Texture the base using texture paste, type of paste depends on what result you want
  3. Spray / Splash / or paint colour. If three is 2 or more paint apply each layer after drying. Spread colour using water spray
  4. Dry your project completely
  5. Arrange all the elements you want to you
  6. Ready to go.
I think this written tutorial may help you in some way. Please do comment and if any query do get back to me by commenting.


Have a Great Day!!
Lots of Hugs
Alka

No comments:

Linkwithin

You Might Also Like this: